Updated: Aug 28
The end of a year is often a time for reflection for people. Looking back on the year just past and thinking about the year ahead. Some people celebrate the successes of a year just been, but for many it is often a time of feeling like things haven't changed...goals weren't reached, progress wasn't made and life is much the same or where we don't really want to be.
However, when we take time to really reflect on the year past, coming from a place of self-compassion, we can see that we actually did make a lot of progress...we learned a lot about ourselves...there was actually a lot to be thankful for.
So here are 8 QUESTIONS TO ASK YOURSELF as we say goodbye to 2020 and welcome 2021 which will help you to focus on the positives and lessons learned and get ready and excited for the year ahead. Grab a cuppa and a pen and paper and give yourself the gift of thirty minutes to reflect and reconnect...
1. What good things happened this year? Think about anything, big or small...achievements, happy memories...
2. What didn't go so well, what challenged you? What did you learn from this?
3. What brought you the most joy in 2020 and how can you get more of it in 2021?
4. What are you most proud of from 2020?
5. What was the greatest lesson of 2020 and what did you learn about yourself?
6. What do you want to leave firmly behind in 2020, not carry into the New Year?
7. What do you really, REALLY want out of life? This is a big question...give yourself some time to tune in to your heart for this one if you can...try closing your eyes and ask this and see what comes up.
8. This time next year, what do you want to be celebrating? What progress, achievements have you made, for example?
I hope this exercise helps you reflect and connect. Enjoy x